PRICED TO SELL! $14,500 OBO
OFF-GRID CAMPER VAN IS READY TO LIVE IN!
I bought this 2003 Dodge Sprinter 2500 at the beginning of 2020 from an electrician and am the 2nd owner. Complete repair records are included. I have lived out of this van and taken it on countless camping trips, and it has been great. Has driven across the country 3 times! Gets really good mileage for its size – around 21 mpg. Has some “get up and go” on mountains and does great on long drives and on dirt/muddy/icy roads. Clean title in-hand.
This van has been fully renovated and is ready to go! It is super easy to drive and park as it is the smallest of the Sprinters and has a back-up camera. Ceiling height is 5’4″ and van does NOT have extended roof/body, making it so convenient to drive around.
The kitchen has a farmhouse sink, butcher block countertop with a built-in propane stove, lots of storage (including 2 drawers and a vertical cabinet with 2 roll-out shelves), and a top-loading refrigerator. The living space has a giant bed that converts to 3 modes (bed mode, bench mode, and “U” mode – all 3 shown in pictures) and is covered with 6″ memory foam cushions professionally sewn with a durable fabric. There is tons of storage available in the overhead cabinets and under the bed. There are dimmable LED lights in the ceiling, 6 reading lamps around the bed, and several outlets throughout the van (both 12V and 120V) — all powered by the 2 solar panels that are mounted on top of the van (also powers the fridge, fan, and inverter). I have never had any issues with not having enough power from the solar. The van has a unique wooden bumper that makes for good seating for sunset, where you can rest your snacks/drinks on the 2 fold-out tables that are built into the back doors. There is an awning that can be extended from the sliding-door side of the van for shade or rain cover. There is also a ladder to access to the roof area, where there are horizontal, very durable roof racks. The bottom of the van and the hood are covered with grey Raptor Liner for protection.
Van has been reliable and all necessary repairs have been made by Sprinter specialists.
NOTE: It is leaking some diesel fuel right now. It still runs, but the mechanic says that the fuel injectors need to be replaced before a big trip. Repair cost has been taken into account in listing price and is estimated at $3,000. I’m selling because I’m moving to Hawaii. Otherwise, I would do the repair and keep using it because it should still have at least 200,000 miles of life left!
More specifics are below. Please only message with serious inquiries.
* 2003 Dodge Sprinter 2500 with Mercedes engine, low ceiling
* 223,700 miles (approximate because I’m still driving it around town)
* Last oil change: 9/20/22
* BRAND NEW tires, wheel bar, airbag, battery, windshield wipers + rotor, and water pump.
* Extremely well-insulated (sound deadening material + foam board + reflectix + spray foam). Keeps warm/cool depending on the temperature outside and reduces sound while driving.
* Carbon monoxide and smoke detector
* Fire extinguisher
* 200 watts total of solar (2 panels)
* 1200 watt power inverter with 120V outlets (used to charge my laptop or any other 2-prong needs)
* BIG Marine battery under the bench to store plenty of solar energy
* Fan-tastic 3-speed roof vent/fan with 2-way airflow
* 2-burner Dometik stove with 11 lb propane tank under bench (tank is 75% full and very easy to access and fill)
* Top-loading 58 quart fridge (runs perfectly), also comes with 120V charging cable
* Farmhouse sink (19″ x 15″) with faucet, manual foot pump, grey + clean water tanks
* Dimmable ceiling LED puck lights and 6 LED reading lamps (can be turned on individually and dimmable also)
* 2 fold-out tables from either side of the floating wall (1 used as extra kitchen surface, 1 used as desk)
* Shiplap wall paneling
* Vinyl “hardwood” floors
* 2 Bose speakers (1 is unattached)
* Back-up camera (extremely helpful, makes the van a breeze to parallel park)
* Ladder on back door to access roof
* Fold-out awning over side door to offer shade and rain protection
* VERY durable roof racks
* Removable magnetic bug net for sliding door
* Removable fitted Reflectix window covers for all windows
* Permanent white window tint/screen on sliding door window
* Electric windows and locks work.
* Heat works, AC does not (never has since I bought it, needs AC control module replaced to work).
* I’m sure I’m forgetting some other things that are included, and the most recent pictures are first. Renovations have been continuously made over the past few years.