This is a perfect starter van for someone looking for a turnkey van to get out right away and camp. We bought in May 2020 and have used it on most weekends in the spring to fall. She has been a great van but we wanted to upgrade to 4×4 being in Breckenridge.
A little about the van:
– [She came from the east coast before we bought her so she has some surface rust. We have confirmed with a mechanic it’s all surface and non- structural.
– She has a little under $200k miles and diesel Mercedes engine, so plenty of life left
– Bought in 2020
– Solar panels and battery system
– Super comfy queen bed
– Lots of storage and pump sink
– Lots of Garage storage and comes with chains
– Clean title, no accidents
Since we bought the Flying Emma we have done the following:
– Regular oil changes and checks
– New all terrain tires in 2020
– Full replacement of electrical and fan system, lights, and bed frame- professionally done
– Replacement of belts and updates to engine as needed.
– Back up camera system install
– Fridge install
– iPad mount
A few items to note :
– She is an older van so a few quirks and items you can chose to fix.
– Heater works great, air conditioning does not. I will include our ac adapter fan we use for hotter days in the van.
– Sound system works with usb but speaker is blown. We use a Bluetooth speaker and it has worked great for us
– Slider door has some rust but in working order but some gaps. Could be replaced if preferred.
– Windshield has a few cracks – Colorado standard
– The fuel injection sensor button needs to be replaced. It’s a Mercedes invention. The fuel injection is fine, checked by mechanic, but with the sensor not replaced it just needs to warm up before using the first time of the day. Once it’s warmed up, you are good to go and engine runs well.