PRICE REDUCED: $60K or nearest reasonable offer.
2008 Sportsmobile E-150 Regular Body with E-350 Suspension rear springs.
5.4L GASOLINE engine
Note: Please read this entire ad before posting questions. I’ll try to get as much detail in here as possible. Please message me if you’re serious about the van.
About the van/seller:
I’m a journalist by trade and I run a side business working with buyers to find the right van. Through the years, that’s included the buildout of two diesel Sportsmobiles and a 4wd VW Syncro camper for Jimmy Buffett. One of my clients bought this van recently in San Diego with the intention of a significant upfit. After going back and forth over it and looking at a long upfit timeframe, he simply decided he needs a bigger van for his family – and sooner than the upfitters could make it happen. So we decided to sell this rig. We’re not looking to gouge anyone on this sale, but just to get back what we’ve put in it to this point. We vetted it thoroughly before purchase.
This is a beautiful, rust-free California van with a unique layout. It seats 7 with shoulder belts. Sportsmobile makes a cot setup that could be used to creat kids beds on the passenger and driver’s captains chairs. The rear bench seat can be removed to give center aisle access to the galley or to create a sleeping area. It has rear air conditioning, a neat Sportsmobile rear galley and everything works VERY WELL except the TV system – which is getting dated anyway. (The rest of the AV System works fine).
The van is being kept at Girard awnings in San Clemente. I’ll handle communications on the sale (I’m on the east coast). The showings will be handled by the Girard manager who oversaw caretaking of Jimmy Buffett’s California Sportsmobile for years. I’m happy to provide references for a serious buyer.
– Power Penthouse Roof. Nearly 7’0″ of interior height with top popped.
– All around Aluminess roof rack system
– Side ladder
– City water hookup
– Shore power hookup and power converter.
– Solar (140 watts with solar controller) – installed in 2019
– 400 watt standard power Inverter
– Norcold refrigerator.
– Auxiliary electric system powered by two 4d deep cycle batteries.
– Snaps across front window area for Sportsmobile front curtain – but no curtain.
– Rear passenger side storage cabinets.
– Sportsmobile rear galley with: Sink and 10 gallon freshwater tank. Spray nozzle on galley sink can be extended to function as an outdoor shower.
– Storage bin under rear floor accessible from inside.
– $15,000 AV system (installed in 2008). Includes Bluetooth Kenwood DNX 8120
– Satellite video system — not functional.
– Hella Tire Pressure Management system. Just installed.
– Van does NOT have propane system. For cooking, you’d just use a portable stove on the galley top.
– All around new shock absorbers (April 2019)
– New tires. (April 2019)
– New brakes (April 2019)
– Keyless entry/alarm just installed by us in March, 2021 ($800 add).
– Backup camera just installed by us in March, 2021.
– Recently Checked out by Capistrano Ford (March). All that needed replacing was the dipstick.
Drivetrain, outside underside:
– Gross Vehicle Weight: 8,520
– 5.4L V8 255HP, 350lb/ft Torque
– Tires – New Firestone Transforce AT, LT285/70R17 Mud and snow rated.
– 31 Gallon Gas tank.
– 17 Inch Robbie Gordon Wheels
– Ford E-150 Van, but with E-350 rear springs.
– Trojan Rear tire carrier.
– Bushwacker Fender Flares
– Aluminess rear bumper and swing out storage box.
– Dark tinted windows all the way around.
– Rear cabinet needs some TLC.
– Satellite TV system is not functional. I recommend removing it. Rest of AV system works fine.
– Folder w/original instructions for components.
– Lots of invoices and receipts.
– Original SMB order form and window sticker.
Thanks for looking.