(NOTE: Medium roof option wasn’t available, this is the Medium roof – NOT low)
Are you looking for the perfect van to call home while you travel the US hitting every National Park? Don’t have the budget to buy a $120k brand new sprinter? Neither did I.
I’m ending my rubber-tramping after a year of travel around the mountains and I’m looking to find a new family for my former home. I’m an architect based out of Portland and I built this van out at the end of 2020 and spent 2021 exploring this country’s gorgeous countryside.
The theme of my build was “dark Scandinavian” which was accomplished by utilizing both painted black tongue and groove walls and ceilings, blended with natural wood walls and cabinetry. The mood is tied together with dimmable LED ceiling lights and a RBG color changeable LED mood light at the kitchen area. To add to the warmth and tactile nature of the build I opted for German black leather cabinet pulls for the doors and drawers (on soft close slides) and natural butcher block countertops.
I purchased the van with a 1/2 started conversion, which I stripped and and pieced back together. It has sound deadening, thinsulate and vapor barrier on all walls, ceiling and floor. I could go on and on about what a great homebase this was for a year of wonderful adventure. If you’re considering it, I cannot recommend it strongly enough; memories that I will cherish.
– 220W solar panel
– 360 Victron DC-to-DC alternator charger (Orion Tr-Smart)
– 100-ah Battle Born lithium battery
– 1000w Renogy inverter/charger
– MaxxAir fan
– Chinese diesel heater
– Renogy Rover 60a MPPT solar charge controller
– Draw-tite tow package
– CR Laurence sliding door window with t-vent
– Professionally installed window tinting at crew cab windows
– Powder-coated removable cab window vents
– HID replacement headlight bulbs
– 14-gal freshwater tanks, portable for ease of filling at filtered stations at most grocery stores
– 5-gal grey water
– (8) USB charge points, (3) DC outlets, (2) AC outlets
– The convertible modified full-size bed slides from its sleep position back to expose seating for three and Lagun table mount (optional larger butcher block top if desired)
You may also like...