2016 Metris Camper.
Don’t wait, start your van adventures in 2022.
This is a custom build and fully loaded. Low miles (47,200). Selling the van because I was recently paralyzed in an accident. No longer can use it and I need cash for hospital and rehab bills.
The interior was designed to be able to hold a tandem bike (no pedals) inside. A standard road or mountain bike fits with no disassembly. We wanted to be able to safely store a bike inside while away from the van on overnight hikes.
One of the galley cabinets was designed to hold a full sized propane tank. Compartment has tie down points for 2 straps and a vent hole in the bottom to vent any propane.
Other galley cabinet houses room for camp-stove, water tank, pump and gray water tank. We use a foot powered water pump. We find we use a lot less water when using the foot pump vs an electric pump.
We also decided to use 2.5 gallon water tanks because they are easy to carry and load into the van. Van has dedicated storage for 4 tanks (10 gallons total). The grey water tank is 2 gallons. We usually use the sink only for washing hands and brushing teeth. Almost everything else is done with the solar shower (warm water and high water pressure and no gray water tank to worry about).
Six other cabinets for holding other gear, pots, pans, sleeping bags, toiletries, etc.
One HUGE gear drawer and one smaller drawer accessible from the back door. One drawer for clothes accessible from the inside. All drawers have strong magnetic latches to keep them closed while driving.
We also built in a sleeping platform that allows one person to sleep when the pop-top is not extended (i.e. stealth camping mode). It’s a full 6.5 foot long platform. We’ve used it for a third person several times. One of the platform leaves also doubles as a cooking/prep platform for the long rear gear drawer.
– GTRV installed Reimo pop-top
– 2-inch Adventure Vans lift kit
– 16″ Alloy rims with Falken WildPeak AT Trail tires (spare tire has same rim and tire)
– Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX stereo (wireless CarPlay and android auto)
– 37 quart ARB fridge/freezer
– 90Ahr Victron lithium battery. Charges in under 2 hours while driving. Enough power to run fridge and lights for 5 days.
– Victron BMS
– 100 watt solar panel with Victron MPPT smart solar charger.
– External solar power panel connection
– Xantrex 2000 Watt pure sine wave inverter/charger. 30-amp RV plug when shore power is available.
– maxxfan deluxe
– Wabasto Air-Top 2000 STC heater with programmable timer. Installed under the driver’s seat and runs off the gasoline tank.
– ARB awning with deluxe ARB awning room.
– Dual camera 4K dashcam with GPS. One forward facing and one rear mounted camera. The rear mounted camera is used as an electronic rear view mirror. Mirror is 12-inch fully touchscreen.
– Road shower solar heated shower.
– Six LED ceiling lights and one LED flexible light over rear drawers.
– A total of 10 USB ports powered by the lithium battery.
– 6mm 12v output port compatible with goal zero accessories.
– Magnetic blackout curtains for all windows
– Laminate flooring on top of 1-inch rigid foam insulation.
– 3M thinsulate insulation throughout the walls.
– Cassette toilet
– Fire extinguisher
– Heated seats
– Passenger seat swivels
– OEM trailer hitch
– Snow chains
– Extra set of wiper blades
Located in Reno, NV.
We typically get 24-26 mpg on our weekend trips, which usually includes lots of mountain passes.
Full disclosure, the van has been in one minor accident – I hit a deer just outside Yosemite in August of 2020. Only cosmetic damage. Front bumper, headlight and radiator were replaced. Other than that, it’s totally clean. All maintenance schedules strictly adhered to.
Serious inquiries only, no trades, $1k non-refundable deposit required to hold van. Payments via PayPal/Venmo/ApplePay for the deposit and wire transfer or cashiers check for the balance.