Amazing Sprinter Van Conversion w/ new engine & will run forever!
$58,000 or best offer (please make one!), willing to drive across state lines.
If you are looking for a rock solid engine, chic tiny home like conversion with the ruggedness of the cold Alaskan wilderness in mind at the fraction of the price of a new Sprinter–look no further. This van is meant for you!
2010 Mercedes Freightliner Sprinter Camper Van
144″ wheelbase, high roof
NEW Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (with transferable warranties) as of 2020!
This thing truly drives like a dream, comparable to a brand new Sprinter (no joke–try it yourself) at a fraction of the cost!
Reason for Selling: I would keep this van forever and never stop, but our new little one is too little for van trips and van #2 needs a third seat.
Reliability & Peace of Mind: All maintenance from our time of purchase in 2019 was completed at the Mercedes-Benz dealership and we have the records to pass on to you. All warranties for the large new parts are transferable to you (new engine, transmission, and exhaust) and have been road tested by us – we lived out of this van full time for three years and they run great.
This diesel engine van has 150,000 miles, but the engine, transmission, and exhaust system have less than 13,000 miles. Diesel sprinter vans routinely reach 350,000 miles or more reliably, so this van has A LOT of life left in her!
Fully ready to go: Take her for a test drive, inspect the build, this vehicle is #vanlife ready for you THIS weekend! And once you go rent-free, you’ll never want to pay again…
Tires: BF Goodrich KO2s — great all-terrain tires that run over $200 new per tire. Tread is in good shape. From a snowstorm in Utah to sandy back roads in Death Valley, these tires conquer it all.
Electrical: you have everything you need to power laptops and devices for remote work and run small appliances.
– 2- Renogy 100 watt, roof mounted solar panels
– Renogy charge controller
– Renogy 1000 watt inverter
– 2- Renogy 200Ah deep cycle AGM batteries
– System is also linked to a battery isolator so system charges while driving
– Lights on 2 separate switches
– Maxxfan Deluxe (with rain cover)- 10 speed, reversible
– Solar setup powers recessed lighting, vent fan, water pump (for running water), fridge, and plugs for charging phones, laptops, etc.
Water and waste:
– Running water!
– Shurflo pump system is routed into two 6-gallon water tanks that are easily interchanged
– Gray water is drained into a separate 6-gallon tank that is easily removed for emptying
– Dometic 5-gallon cassette toilet conveniently stored as a slide-out under the bench
Food storage and prep:
– 45 Gallon Whytner fridge/freezer- easily stored 4-5 days of food and is super energy efficient
– Lots of cabinet space for dry food
– Used a Coleman propane camp stove on the countertop for cooking, will include if desired.
– Bed – pull out full-sized bed, easily sleeps 2 on a comfy 6 inch foam mattress. One of the best features of this van! The pull out feature saves floor space for a roomy feel
– C.R Lawrence T-vent windows on both sides of van (these are the best – $1200 value!)
– Maxxfan vent fan – with windows open and fan on, the air circulation keeps the interior quite comfortable in the heat. Fan was also used when cooking as a vent van.
– Mr. Heater Buddy was used on cold nights and mornings. The van is well insulated and we’ll include the heater if you like!
– Window covers cut from reflectix added insulation — keep the heat in or out depending on the weather
– Plenty of cabinet space for clothing. We lived in this van with our clothes, shoes, books, toiletries, cleaning supplies, dishes, pots and pans, etc for 3 years.
– Large storage area underneath the bench for laundry, cleaning supplies, propane, Mr buddy heater, towels, etc.
– Roomy ‘garage’ beneath the bed. We stored gear (shoes, packs, helmets, etc), backpacking gear (2- 50 gallon packs, tent, sleeping bags, bear canister, boots, etc), running gear, hydration packs, climbing gear (ropes, harnesses, protection, crash pad), camp chairs, and more.
-rear cargo door bike rack (Thule elite van xt, $800 value with installation). This clears out a ton of space in the rear cargo area, and no disassembly of your bikes is required!
→ Tell us more! What do you need for your adventure? Email us with questions and we’ll let you know if we’ve got it for you!